Guidance on entering events
Because we are dealing with young sailors with a wide range of abilities, Optimist events require a particularly high level of organisation by both IODAI and the host club. Apart from good race and event management, safety is of paramount importance and therefore it is essential that there is adequate time before the start of an event to provide sufficient rescue and support resources. Therefore there are some critical timelines in place to make sure that we achieve these important objectives. Your co-operation in helping us meet these deadlines when entering events is very much appreciated.
Most people are able to enter events without a hitch but here is some useful information
- Events can only be entered through the IODAI website.
- Sailors are strongly encouraged to enter early and not leave it to the last few days in case they experience difficulties.
- Event entry is usually open for about 10-14 days after which a late entry fee of 100% applies for a further 5 days.
- The cut-off for entry deadlines is 10pm on the date in question.
- There is a schedule of Closing dates for 2017 IODAI events . This covers all of the events for the season.
- You will need to be a paid up member of IODAI before you can enter an event
- Payments for membership and event entry can only be made to IODAI through Paypal so please make sure you are set up on www.paypal.com
- Each time you enter event:
- Please check your sailor data is correct in terms of name, sail number, fleet category, contact details and medical history. (Note that the Gold/Silver categorisation is controlled by IODAI and cannot be amended by the sailor.)
- You will need to confirm the details for each sailor for each entry by a tick box on the site.
- You will need to tick a box accepting the entry fee terms and conditions.
- Once you have successfully entered you will get an email confirmation from Paypal.
- Please make sure you receive this email confirmation from Paypal and retain a copy for your records as proof of payment.
- Also please check the event entry list to be sure your sailor is entered in the correct fleet and the transaction has processed