Notice to those interested in traveling to the Optimist Worlds 2017
11th to 21st July 2017
Royal Varuna Yacht Club,
- IODAI and ISA recommend that the top Optimist sailors following Trials 2017 represent Ireland at the Optimist Europeans.
- Any sailor out of the top 8 (up to a maximum of 5 sailors) at Trials may choose to go to Worlds. IODAI will enter all participating sailors to Worlds however, Parents will be invoiced with the full costs. No other IODAI support will be given to the sailor attending Worlds.
- IODAI have given notice to the Worlds that a team from Ireland may travel to the Worlds.
- The Worlds organisers require that a registration fee be paid by February 1st to secure charter boats & a coach boat. As IODAI are not supporting such a team, we will not be paying this fee, as it is nonrefundable. If this fee is not paid by February 1st and is paid following Trails the cost for the charter boats will incur a 25% late entry fee. Furthermore the organiser cannot guaranty availability of boats by the end of our Trials, although unlikely to be a problem.
- If your sailor is interested in traveling to the Worlds please contact Thomas Chaix (email@example.com) by midnight 25th January. He is the dedicated point of contact between IODAI and the Worlds organisers. If you would like to secure a boat for Worlds, Thomas will facilitate this but you must be aware that this is non refundable if you decide not to travel or if your sailor does not make the qualification criteria. Please note Thomas is unavailable to coach at the Worlds and will only act as an advisor and as an IODAI link until the end of Trials, thereafter the “team” must appoint a team leader.