Registered for Baltimore 2018? … you need to Volunteer
Special Notice for all Parents who have registered sailors for Baltimore 2018.
IODAI is a voluntary organisation and it needs the help of all Parents to help run the Baltimore Training Week. There are lots of ways you can get involved and make Baltimore week the fantastic experience that it is.
EACH CHILD ATTENDING NEEDS A PARENT/REPRESENTATIVE TO VOLUNTEER FOR A MINIMUM OF ONE DUTY From the list below. All duties are for a full day and should you be unable to do your duty, you will need to find your own replacement volunteer.
Here is how you can get involved:
- Slip duty – Dry / Trolleys involves helping smaller sailors up & down the slip & also collecting & retrieving trolleys. You will need to be available for launching and retrieval in the morning, lunchtime and evening, and also to sort the trollies on each occasion.
- Slip duty – Wet/Waders involves being in the water assisting the children launching, attaching rudder etc. There are three set of IODAI waders but if you have your own please do bring them along as sometime we might not have your exact size. You will need to be available for launching and retrieval in the morning, lunchtime and evening.
- Catering involves giving out the soup & rolls at lunch time, hot chocolate after sailing & tidy up. You will need to report to the catering manager after launching in the morning.
- Tag board Two people are required each day giving out sailors bands, retrieving same & keeping account of numbers afloat. You will need to be available for launching and retrieval in the morning, lunchtime and evening.
- Social Activity involves being on duty for the social event & keeping order!
- Rib Launching & Retrieval involves launching the ribs on the Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning & retrieval of the ribs on Friday afternoon after event.
- Registration – involves checking off entries, confirming contact details, collecting lunch forms on the Saturday pm and Sunday am.
Baltimore week is about our children making friends and having fun on the water in a safe enviroment. There are quite a lot of logistics involved in ensuring that this week is the success that it is and of course the volunteer effort that goes into the week is key to making it such a memorable event for our sailors.
Volunteering is hard work but really good fun and also a great way to meet new people & other parents. Your contribution is what makes Baltimore week so special for all the children involved.
We look forward to hearing from you!