Team Ireland Optimist Coach Opportunities for 2020
The International Optimist Dinghy Association of Ireland (IODAI) are seeking expressions of interest from coaches who would be interested in coaching the Irish Optimist Teams at the following International Events in 2020:
* Under 12 squad – UK Nationals
* International Development Team (IDT) – European venue to be selected
* Europeans Team – Estonia
* Europeans team racing – Italy
IODAI are seeking suitable qualified and well organised sailing coaches to lead the Team Ireland Optimist Teams for the above events and pre event coaching programmes. Optimist Sailing is the foundation class for all sailing in Ireland. Every summer we have a number of Teams representing Ireland with sailors from development level right up to performance level.
We are seeking experienced, enthusiastic team players who are interested in safely developing the skills of our young sailors.
Key competencies required:
* Proven ability to consistently communicate well with children in a positive manner
* Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
* Be organised* Demonstrate previous experience at the required level
* Ability to solve problems and ensure the kids are looked after in conjunction with the team parent and team lead.
* Facilitate individual and team goal setting
* Provide insightful and constructive feedback
* Lead by example with child safety, fun and learning at the forefront
* Completed ISA Child protection course level 1 and 2 or equivalent standards with written acceptance by Irish Sailing
* Understand and apply Irish Sailing Child protection policy
* Selected coaches will be required to apply for clearance with the Garda Síochána National Bureau
IODAI Coaches Application Requirements 2020
1. Submit Coaching CV
2. Submit all contact details for reference checking that you have coached for over last 5 years.
3. Demonstrate and explain your proposed training plan for the teams
4. Demonstrate that you can clearly communicate both verbally and written in English.
5. Attend an interview in Ireland or via Teleconference when called.
6. Provide service and travelling rates per day.
How to Apply
Those interested, please send your sailing CV and expression of interest, detailing which event you would like to be considered as team coach for.Applications to be sent to email@example.comApplications close on Wednesday 19th February 2020