Team Racing event – Optimist Team Cup 2017
The Optimist Team Cup 2017, is taking place at Potsdamer Yacht Club, Germany on Oct 27th to Oct 29th 2017.
Qualification criteria from event organisers:
- Sailors must have sailed in the IODA Europeans or Worlds
- One team from Ireland can attend the event
- No guarantee that the Irish entry will be accepted by the event organisers. Teams are selected we understand on the basis of the team members prior results (this is a requirement on the entry form).
- Entry fee €200 for a team of four (to be paid by the team)
- All flights, travel & coach costs must be paid by the team
- All sailors will be accommodated with local families free of charge or hotels if local accommodation is not available (the cost of accommodation must be paid for by the team)
An Irish team of four sailors who meet this criteria, have already expressed an interest in entering this Event.
If there are more teams interested in traveling to the event, in the interest of fairness IODAI will run a mini Team Racing event and the winning team at this event would be selected to travel to the event. (Please note that this event will need to be run in the next couple of weeks and the cost of it will be paid for by the competing teams).
Teams interested in applying for the event which meet the qualification criteria must email president@IODAI.com with the details of the names of the sailors interested in the event by 8pm Monday September 4th.
We appreciate the short notice in terms of notification of this event however we are looking to promote Team Racing amongst the class and are working on a schedule for 2018.