Tips from the Experts – Will Atkinson
TOP 10 RACING TIPS FROM THE EXPERTS
- Have something to eat and drink before every race.
- Stand up and have a look up the beat before every start.
- Start beside someone that you are faster than.
- Stay in the front row and accelerate slightly before everybody else.
- Keep your eyes in the boat after the start until you are clear of all the boats near you.
- Pump upwind in waves.
- Always play the main when it’s windy.
- Board up and sprit off straightaway round the windward.
- Always look behind downwind for gusts etc.
- Don’t bang a corner up the last beat unless you’re outside the top 15.